I’ve been pretty quiet lately, and I’m sure you all think I’ve dropped off the face of the earth. We went to Myrtle Beach, and we enjoyed some time as a family this summer, and, well… this happened.
Yep, we could hardly believe it! I will have two under two next spring, which is a hard thing to imagine.
Lately, I’ve been thinking about the difference between your first pregnancy and your second, and I’ve found this is pretty close to the truth:
1. Is it safe to put this in my body? Caffeine is a drug, you know.
2. A little bit of caffeine won’t hurt the baby. No caffeine, on the other hand, will hurt me. And possibly 75 percent of the people I know.
1. Hot dogs and bacon have nitrites in them! It’s like giving your baby poison!
2. All I want is some freaking bacon. And if you don’t like it, you’re not the pregnant one.
1. I can’t have another brownie. My body is a temple, and I’ll get gestational diabetes.
2. Who cares about freaking gestational diabetes. I want a brownie, for heaven sake.
1. I am 12 weeks and 4 days, and…
2. What week am I on again? I need an iphone alert to tell me if I’m even in the second trimester. Funny story, during my last OB appointment the nurse asked and I totally blanked. (Sad story… due to a confusing ultrasound, I’m not even entirely sure what my due date is. Whoops.)
1. I’m tired and nauseous, so I think I’ll take a nap.
2. I’m tired and nauseous, but there’s no time to take a nap. Or update my blog.
1. (Other people:) Awww, you’re in the middle of your second trimester! You look adorable, with your tiny baby bump!
2. Awww, you’re pregnant… again? Is it a girl or a boy? Oh, you’re only 9 weeks?
(Yes, I’ve bloated to the size of another country. So sue me. Or maaaybe it’s all the salt I’ve been craving.)
So, that’s it! Definitely new for me. It is hard work chasing after an almost one year old while pregnant!
I knew I shouldn’t have weaned from breastfeeding so early.